Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Teething Woes and Halloween

I noticed Ezra had one new tooth the day before his birthday. I found out today that that tooth is definitely a molar--the one behind the canine. The back side is pushing through, leaving a strip of gum along the biting surface of the tooth that is yet to be broken through. Poor guy. And he has his two lower secondary incisors coming in, saw those just last night, in fact. I'll miss his little smile with just the two bottom teeth, and how he sometimes pushes his lower jaw forward so the two teeth are over his upper lip. Aww. But, all these new teeth would explain why he's been so grumpy and teary. Today, for example, my whole to-do list was shot. No groceries (thank goodness my husband covered for that), 3 Etsy orders on hold, a grumpy baby who refused to sleep all day. It was definitely challenging, but after the attempt at his second nap, we pulled out his foam blocks and I had fun building little villages and alien fortresses. He had fun grabbing random pieces and toppling whole buildings and pulling all the blocks out of their container as I tried to show him how to clean up. And from that, my Halloween plans were born. A little Googling solidified my plans and designs and I'm so excited to get started. Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, and I typically plan my costume all year long. (Well, not the last few years, they've been a little crazy. Thank goodness for my Harry Potter robe I made in clothing design class in high school, haha.) Jason told me that I can get started on Halloween in August, to which I said and say, "Psh! He'll fit this 18 month hoodie even in 2 months." Plus, who knows how long this will take me. I'm keeping it simple but awesome, but I do think that, with my domestic duties and shop maintenance, it will take me the bulk of the next 2 1/2 months. The exciting part is, Ezra's costume has the thematic landscape to supply Jason's and my costumes, too! I'm not huge on family/themed Halloween at ALL. So we'll see what I can do to make our costumes subtle, amazing, non-corny, and awesome.
I already know what I'm going to be! :D Details to come. Meanwhile, I got orders to fill. Hooray!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment